My Fodder Link
Effective Date: 09/11/2020
The Product is owned and operated by: Fodder Link Pty Ltd (ACN 613212061)
We are committed to the protection of Your privacy while You use the Product.
“Company IP” includes, but is not limited to, the contents, layout, design, colours, appearance, graphics and imagery of the Website, Content and Materials as well as all copyrights, trademarks, trade secrets, patents and other intellectual property contained in the Product, Content and Materials.
“Content” means any content, writing, images, audio-visual content or other information published on the Product.
“Goods” means any or all goods provided by or on the Product.
“Items” means any and all of the Product, Goods, Services, Content and Materials collectively.
“Materials” means any materials, information or documentation that We may provide to You in connection with Your use of the Goods or Services or Product including documentation, data, information developed by Us or owned by Us, and other materials which may assist in Your use of the Goods or Services or Product.
“Parties” means both You (the user of the Product) and Us (the owner of the Product) collectively.
“Personal Information” means information that we obtain from You in connection with Your use of the Product.
“Product” means the mobile application called “My Fodder Link” including all pages, all subpages, all blogs, all forums, and all other connected internet content whatsoever which is available at: App store and Google Play.
“Services” means any or all services provided by or on the Product.
“Third Party Links” means links or references to websites other than the Website, to content other than the Content or to materials other than the Materials, none of which are controlled by Us.
“Third Party Service Provider” means a third party, separate from Us or Our company but which provides services that assist Us in serving You. This may include but is not restricted to web hosting, IT services, security services, payment processing, deliveries, customer service, order fulfilment or other services.
“Us”, “We”, “Our”, “the Company” or “the Owner” refers to Fodder Link Pty Ltd
“Us”, “We”, “Our”, “the Company” or “the Owner” also includes any employees, affiliates, agents or other representatives of Fodder Link Pty Ltd
“You” or “Your” refers to the user of the Website.
“Your Content” means any Content posted to or added to the Website, Content or Materials by You or by somebody authorised by You or doing so on Your behalf.
- Words referring to one gender include every other gender.
- Words referring to a singular number include the plural, and words referring to a plural include the singular.
- Words referring to a person or persons include companies, firms, corporations, organisations and vice versa.
- Any obligation on a Party not to do something includes an obligation not to allow that thing to be done.
TYPE OF INFORMATION AND HOW IT IS COLLECTED
- When You use the Product, We may collect information from You through automatic tracking systems (such as information about your browsing preferences).
- In addition, We may collect information that You volunteer to Us (such as information that You provide during a sign up process or at other times while using the Product).
- In order to access all of the features of the Product, You are required to register as a user. During the registration process, We collect some of Your Personal Information, in the following manner:
- We will not collect information that identifies You personally, except when You specifically volunteer that information to Us.
- The information that We will collect from You at registration includes: Name, phone number, email, address.
- In order to access some specific features of the Product, You are required to provide some Personal Information. During this process, We collect some of Your Personal Information, in the following manner:
- We will not collect information that identifies You personally, except when You specifically volunteer that information to Us when using specific Product features. These specific Product features might include, but are not limited to:
- making purchases
- receiving notifications by text message or email about events and promotions
- receiving general emails from Us
- commenting on Our content such as blogs, articles, photographs or videos, or participating in Our forums, bulletin boards, chat rooms or other similar features
- In addition to any Personal Information that You are required to provide in order to access these additional Product features, in some cases You may be required to provide more specific information. For example, in order to make purchases, You may need to provide credit card information, billing information and postal addresses.
- From time to time We may request information from You to assist Us in improving Our Product, Goods, Services, Content or Materials. For example, We may ask You to answer some questions about Your demographics, Your shopping preferences, or Your other preferences in relation to the Product.
- Cookies are small files stored on Your computer or mobile device which collect information about Your browsing behaviour.
- Cookies do not access information which is stored on Your computer.
- Cookies enable us to tailor our configurations to Your needs and preferences, in order to improve Your user experience.
- Most internet browsers accept cookies automatically, although You are able to change Your browser settings to control cookies, including whether or not You accept them, and how to remove them. You may also be able to set Your browser to advise You if You receive a cookie, or to block or delete cookies. However, if You do this, You may be prevented from taking full advantage of the Product.
HOW YOUR INFORMATION IS STORED
- Please note that no systems involving the transmission of information via the internet, or the electronic storage of data, are completely secure. However, we take the protection and storage of Your Personal Information very seriously. We take all reasonable steps to protect Your Personal Information.
- We use appropriate physical, digital, managerial and security systems to store Your Personal Information and to protect it against unauthorised access, destruction or disclosure.
- We may provide some of Your Personal Information from time to time to Third Party Service Providers so that they can help us to serve You via the Product. In particular, We may use Third Party Service Providers to assist with information storage (such as cloud storage).
- We may provide some of Your Personal Information to Third Party Service Providers for the purpose of analysing data or tracking usage. For example, We may use these services to find out where page requests come from, dates and times of page requests, details of any website that referred You to the Product and other details about Your usage of the Product. This information enables Us to understand patterns of usage of the Product, and to improve the Product.
- We may use Third Party Service Providers to host the Product. If this occurs, that Third Party Service Provider is likely to have access to some of Your Personal Information.
- We may use Third Party Service Providers to fulfil orders in relation to the Product.
- We may share Your Personal Information, including Personal Information that identifies You personally, with any of Our parent companies, subsidiary companies, affiliates or other trusted related entities.
- We may combine, link or aggregate some of Your information in order to obtain a better understanding of Your requirements. This may enable Us to better design the Product and may also assist with Our business or administration requirements.
- We may also share aggregated information with third parties but only if that aggregated information does not contain any information that identifies You personally.
HOW YOUR INFORMATION IS USED
- We use Your Personal Information to help us improve your experience with Our Product. We may use Your Personal Information for purposes including but not limited to:
- order fulfilment.
- providing customer service to You.
- marketing and advertising to You including both direct and indirect marketing and advertising and including marketing and advertising about products that may interest You based on Your personal preferences or demographics.
- advising You about updates to the Product or related Items.
MERGER, RESTRUCTURE OR SALE OF OUR BUSINESS
- Part or all of Our business may be merged, restructured or sold including but not limited to through an ordinary sale of business or of stock, a corporate reorganisation, a change in control, bankruptcy or insolvency proceedings.
- In the event that such a merger, restructure or sale occurs as described in the preceding sub-clause hereof, We may transfer Your Personal Information, including personally identifiable information, as part of that merger, restructure or sale.
INFORMATION YOU RELEASE
You acknowledge and agree that if You publish or submit Personal Information in publicly accessible sections of the Product (such as forums, bulletin boards, chat rooms, or other similar sections), then You are solely responsible for the release of that Personal Information and We are not liable or responsible in relation to the release of that Personal Information.
EMAIL OPT IN/OUT
ACCESSING, UPDATING AND CORRECTING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
- You have the right to request access to any of Your Personal Information which We are holding.
- You have the right to request that any of Your Personal Information which We are holding be updated or corrected.
DISCLAIMER REGARDING SECURITY
CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
- We take customer satisfaction very seriously. If You have a complaint in relation to Our handling of Your Personal Information, We will endeavour to handle it promptly and fairly. For Your information, an overview of Our complaints handling procedure is as follows:
- Any complaints are forwarded to Our administration for review. We aim to review all complaints within 7 days of receiving them (although this cannot be guaranteed). If necessary, the complaints officer may then refer the complaint to another section within Our organisation for consideration. If further information is required, We may contact You to request that information. If We accept fault in relation to the complaint then We will propose a resolution (which may or may not be the same as any resolution proposed by You). If We do not accept fault, then We will contact You to advise You of this. We aim to complete this entire process within 21 days, provided that We are provided complete information in the first place (although this cannot be guaranteed). However, if You do not provide complete information then this is likely to delay the handling of Your complaint.
- If You are not satisfied with Our response to Your complaint, You may refer your complaint to the relevant external dispute resolution organisation in Your area.
Fodder Link Pty Ltd
1800 363 337
Entering your product
Advertising your product with the Fodder Link app is focused on convenience, accuracy, and efficiency. We believe our innovation will positively influence the market and quality of fodder sold to our consumers.
Before creating a batch or crop, please complete your personal grower information in the “New” tab. Your information will be stored for every batch entered for your convenience. Your email, phone and postal address can be changed at any time. Listing a new batch is as simple as selecting “New Batch” in the “New” tab and completing our digital form, ensuring you answer every question as accurately as possible. There are many help (i) icons available throughout the process to assist you. Don’t have time to finish your inspection? No worries! You can select “Save Inspection” at the end of the navigation and get back to it later. Don’t have internet coverage? All good mate! Your data will automatically sync when you get data service on your device.
If you have a crop that is yet to be baled, we also have a “Create Crop” option where you will need to fill in a short questionnaire. Upon baling, you will receive a notification on your device to create a batch for the end-product produced.
Once connected to a reliable internet source, your completed batch will be automatically uploaded to our cloud-based system where your information will be verified by our team. We will notify you if any changes are required. From this, our team will either upload your information to our website or keep the batch listed internally with our expert sales team, who will filter through and offer your product to our clients directly, depending on the preference selected in the “Website” tab of the navigation. We encourage you to use our website platform – it costs nothing!
Inspections and Grading
Fodder Link’s independent grading system is imperative to ensure the best outcome for both grower and end-user. Our team of fodder inspection specialists have developed a well-researched, reliable system that provides in-depth descriptions of visual characteristics, where we can guarantee buyer confidence and transparency in comparing and purchasing product.
Components including moisture, colour, and odour, among others, cannot be determined through laboratory analysis results alone. Visual properties correlate with palatability and stock health, where purchasing clean, fresh product will achieve less wastage and optimal levels of animal nutrition.
The team can determine more accurately when or if a Fodder Link professional inspection needs to be undertaken through the completion of our app-based batch form.
Commodity Vendor Declaration
The submission of a Commodity Vendor Declaration Form (CVD) on behalf of the grower allows buyers to purchase product with official documentation of the chemicals used to treat the commodity, the rate and date of application and relevant WHP/ESI/EAFI details obtained from the label. The completed form is approved by the Fodder Link team and enables a guarantee that the fodder purchased is safe from chemical contamination. It is also an important aspect of human food safety. Product can still be bought by our buyers without a Commodity Vendor Declaration, although keeping a record and assessing the risks when purchasing is suggested.
If you wish to supply a CVD when listing your product with Fodder Link to maximise our ability to sell your product, you can download it on our website under ‘Our Services’.
Please attach the completed document with your product batch number upon entering the required information into our app and email to firstname.lastname@example.org so our expert team can approve, or if you have entered the batch on our App, please take a photo of the completed document and upload in the images section.